This blog post is about how to make a cream cheese board. Easy brunch ideas for a crowd. The idea came about from the popular butter board going around.
Cream Cheese Board - Easy Brunch Ideas For A Crowd
Why cream cheese? While I’m a huge fan of grass fed butter loaded with nutrients that fuel the brain and taste delicious, it can be a bit heavy, rich, and calorically dense when eaten as a dish.
I don’t recommend tracking calories for everyone and personally I don’t, but I do have health goals that make me opt for higher volume foods that are also delicious when I can.
Don’t get me wrong I love grass fed butter and use it generously in my cooking to receive all the nutrients like:
- Vitamin A
- Omega - 3 Fatty Acids specifically metabolism-boosting fatty acid butyrate.
- Beta carotene
Therefore do not be afraid of grass-fed butter!
Whipped cream cheese is so fun to work with and I love how it looks spread on a beautiful wood board. You can really take your time designing the layout of the cream cheese. If you don’t have whipped cream cheese on hand, you can easily make your own with regular cream cheese. Just pop some in a bowl and use a hand mixer to mix until fluffy.
Easy Brunch Ideas For A Crowd
When it comes to entertaining, I love preparing impressive, but easy dishes. Should I make easy brunch ideas for a crowd, a series here? Let me know in the comments or find me on Instagram.
Cream Cheese Board
This is so easy it almost seems silly to do a recipe post here, but here it goes. My advice is to put your own spin to it. Add edible flowers, different toppings, your individuality will really change up the cream cheese board and make it unique.
When it comes to bagels, If I had the time I love making my air fryer bagels for fresh and chewy bagels, but most of the time I’ll buy gluten free bagels at the store. While I am not gluten free, my daughter has eczema and the only thing that seems to help is avoiding gluten in her diet.
The photos from today's post feature pumpkin spice gluten free bagels found at Trader Joe’s.
Cream Cheese Board
- 1 board or platter
- 1 toaster
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 hand mixer if you don't have whipped cream cheese, you'll need to whip it.
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese
- 1 tbsp everything, but the bagel seasoning
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 green onion
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 4 bagels of choice
- distribute the whipped cream cheese on the board as desired
- sprinkle everything, but the bagel seasoning on the cream cheese
- thinly slice red onions and distribute on the board
- thinly slice the green onions and distribute on the board
- slice a few pieces of smoked salmon to garnish on the board
- toast all four bagels
- cut bagels into fourths
- place all extra toppings: salmon, onions in small serving dishes for guests
- serve with warm bagles